05 Dec 2022
We are delighted to introduce Avvashya CCI representing Nepal, as the latest member of the Projects Logistics Alliance community.
Avvashya CCI has over 20 years of industry experience in Projects, Air & Sea Freight, Customs Clearance & Logistics services with a global presense. At Avvashya CCI, they strive to grasp the unique needs of each customer and adjust their services accordingly. They aim to offer the best-in-class services that cater to end-to-end logistics needs, guided by the hands of experts and backed by robust infrastructure that enables quick scalability to match seasonal demand.
- General and Project Freight Forwarding with a strong international network as part of the parent group
- Own Custom House Agents License at 15+ Locations including Seaports, Airports, and ICDs
- Dedicated Operating Team Comprising of SME for large size Automotive and Technology based Clearance
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) and Rule 9/8/6 certifications at all regional levels
- 3C: Seamless CFS Operation, Custom Brokerage and Cargo Transportation
- EDI Linkup with Customs on ICEGATE
- Value Added Services - Duty Refund & Custom Consultation, Solution design for Cost Optimization and Efficiency, Transportation
- Accreditations: Custom Certified AEO Custom Broker, own CHA License, MTO Registration, ISO, IATA, IBA approved, AEO certification, FIATA
01 Dec 2022
Global Projekt Logistique has consistently ranked among the top project forwarders in India. For their latest project, their client nominated them to handle and deliver heavy skids, frames and beams to Port Arthur in the USA under CIF terms. Keeping in mind the weight and length of cargo, the Gprolog team prepared well in advance with the shipping line and the product manufacturing unit to understand how to handle these skids using specially made frames and spreaders. The total cargo of 8 pieces, including the three skids, was shipped as Breakbulk.
The dimensions for the skids were as follows –
- Skid 1: 17.4 x 6.7 x 4.5 meters; weighing 87.7 MT
- Skid 2: 16.3 x 6.7 x 4.10; weighing 60 MT
- Skid 3: 12.7 x 6.7 x 4.5; weighing 65.5 MT
To ensure an incident-free move, the Gprolog team was always on site, including at the client’s factory, on the day of dispatch. After 12 long hours of loading operations at Mundra Port, where a special emphasis was laid on the proper lifting and safety of the cargo, the pieces were shipped to the United States.
28 Nov 2022
We are delighted to introduce OLIN Logistics representing Mexico, as the latest member of the Projects Logistics Alliance community.
OLIN Logistics is a Mexico-based company passionate about logistics and customer satisfaction, always innovating and looking to the future. They aim to provide the best service through cutting-edge technological tools and their highly trained and experienced personnel in Mexico, Central and North America.
- Project Cargo - excellent relationship with RO-RO and Break Bulk Shipping Lines, with Charter Airlines and with trucking companies that move Oversized Cargo
- Land Transport - FTL, Reefers, Flat Beds, Vans, Dangerous goods, LTL, Oversized Cargo. Connecting the most important routes in North America, also reaching Central America from Mexico
- Air Freight - IATA certification allows them to fly with all the possible airlines from MTY, MEX, GDL and CUN airports covering Standard, Premium and Charter options
- Sea Freight - great variety of routes, the best rates and outstanding transit times for FCL, LCL, and Oversize Cargo
- Warehousing - MTY, LRD and Mexico City
- E-Commerce - variety of couriers and last mile delivery in MTY and CDMX
- Add-on Services - Financing, Trading, Sourcing
24 Nov 2022
MS Global Freight Solution, Malaysia, recently moved a transformer from Port Klang, Malaysia, to Genoa in Italy as breakbulk cargo on a container vessel. The MS Global team had to find a suitable solution for the customer since the unit was too heavy for flat rack container. The transit time of other modes was also too long for the customer.
MS Global Freight Solution Sdn Bhd, located in Port Klang, Johor Bharu (Pasir Gudang) and Penang, Malaysia, can handle sea and air heavy lift project cargo from/to Malaysia, including East Malaysia (Borneo Island). They provide feasibility study, road survey, method of statement, execution and supervision of packing, transportation, loading, lashing, unloading and placement at the consignee’s site. The MS Global team is also experienced in arranging breakbulk and RORO vessels, Open top, and Flat rack containers and maintains close relationships with many vessel operators.
21 Nov 2022
We are delighted to introduce STM Group LTD representing Bulgaria, as the latest member of the Projects Logistics Alliance community.
STM Group aims to provide tailor-made and cost efficient transport solutions which perfectly suit specific requirements and are supported by the proficient know-how and experience. From the very beginning, starting with planning the future delivery, they will advise and analyse all the possible options. They strongly believe in fair treatment and quality service as the absolute prerequisites for establishing and supporting stable and long-term relationships.
- International transportation of oversized and project cargo, including handling of all equipment requirements to meet regulatory compliance, both domestic and international.
- A full array of trailers: Removable Gooseneck Trailers Step Deck Trailer, Standard Flatbeds, Flatbed Stretches, Multi-Axle Trailers, Lowboy (Double Drop) Trailers
- Road Freight - FTL, LTL, Oversize Freight, Express deliveries, dangerous goods shipments, transportation of temperature controlled goods
- Both FCL and LCL shipments for maritime transport where they can provide optimal rate in terms of time and price as well as a reliable service
- Comprehensive solutions for air shipments to any place in the world
- Intermodal and multimodal solutions that provide maximum security, optimal transit time and costs efficiency
- Warehousing - Contractual logistics, Commission procedure, Palletization and depalletization, Labelling, wrapping and packing
- Import Licenses under EU Regulations 3030 and 1337 can also be prepared as well as statements for dual use of goods issues by MEE, certificates of origin, phytosanitary certificates, correspondence with Customs Agency
- Cargo Insurance
17 Nov 2022
A hydro hammer was coming in from Singapore, and Falcon International’s scope of work was to provide turnkey operations at the Port of Tacoma, WA. They lined up the incoming vessel with the outgoing chartered barge, as well as booked a 250ft Crane, rigging crew, stevedores and longshoreman, and did a live transload from MAFI to barge.
Coordinating all the separate teams proved to be somewhat complex, especially with the incoming moving date of the WWL vessel that was delayed due to a storm on the sea. Not being the type to shy away from a challenge, the Falcon International team managed to do a perfect job, with the transfer being done in less than 5 hours!
Falcon International represents Canada in the Project Logistics Alliance.
16 Nov 2022
We are delighted to introduce Pak Shaheen Freighters (Pvt) Ltd. representing Pakistan, as the latest member of the Projects Logistics Alliance community.
Pak Shaheen Freighters was established in 1990 as an IATA agent and NVOCC. The company is heavily involved in project cargo, ocean freight, air freight, land transport, and transit trade. Pak Shaheen Freighter's mission is to be the most respected company with technology integrated methods, providing customized transportation solutions to support all customers needs. They are proud to have agents in over 15 countries with several offices, to provide competitive and efficient logistical services.
- Project Logisticians: logistical study skills and plans, route surveys, end-to-end visibility solutions, global associates network, route optimization, competitive transportation, compliance with international health, safety, and environmental programs
- Sea-Freight Services: FCL Services (CY/CY), reefer cargo services (CY/CY), general consolidation and LCL services (CFS/CFS), buyers consolidation services (CFS/CY), multimodal services (door-door), intermodal services (door-door)
- Air-Freight Services: general cargo services, premium express services, regular economical services, special cargo services (dangerous goods, perishables, live-stock), aircraft chartering services
- Inbound Logistics Services: Customs clearance, duties and taxes, port dues, door deliveries throughout Pakistan, empty return for FCL shipments
- Outbound Logistics Services: Customs forwarding services, empty pick-up, and delivery of laden containers to port, container packing services (load factor optimization), cargo pick-up services, cargo unitizing services, vender/purchase order management services, customers compliance management
- Dry Bulk, Break-Bulk Charterers & Brokers: high-value cargo, general cargo, hazardous cargo, fuel and liquid transportation, temperature-controlled transportation, cross trade, bonded warehouse storage
- Transit Trade Operators
10 Nov 2022
The projects team at Alexander Global Logistics has been busy and is delighted to share their latest project with the community. Representing Germany in the network, the AGL team recently transported cargo for an energy plant to Turkey with the help of our oversized and heavy road transportation partner Bohnet. The cargo consisted of –
- 1 x Gearbox measuring 8.25 x 335 x 2.70 m weighing 128 tons
- 2 x Stator each measuring 5.70 x 5.08 x 3.99 m and weighing 76.5 tons each
- 2 x Rotor each measuring 7.73 x 5.71 x 3.95 m and weighing 117 tons each
- 4 x Coolers each measuring 3.90 x 2.75 x 2.21 m and weighing 3.8 tons each
The start of the project wasn’t as smooth as expected since the Haldensleben barge was shut down due to construction. After about six weeks after a new route was decided, the cargo was picked up from Dresden and transported via Barge to Antwerp. It was again reloaded onto a vessel and is now on its way to Aliağa, Izmir. The scope of work undertaken during this transfer included the following:
- Road transportation in Germany
- Port handling at the barge port and in Antwerp
- Barge transportation
- Ocean freight to Turkey
08 Nov 2022
Shodesh Shipping & Logistic Company have successfully handled one of the biggest Break-bulk Consignments in cooperation with their sister companies – Shodesh Shipping Line (Shipping Agent), Rusani Enterprise (Custom Broker) and Shodesh Carrier (Transport Company).
The cargo arrived at Chittagong Seaport on 22 July 2022 by the vessel MV DIANA carrying 106 Containers 3,334 Ton (13,053 Packages) Bulk Cargo for the Construction of Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant (RNPP), country’s first nuclear power plant. The cargo belonged to Bangladesh Atomic Energy Commission, the executor and three other official subcontractors of the RNPP. Out of 106 Containers, 50 were Carrier’s Owned Containers (COC) and 56 were Suppliers Owned Containers (SOC). A total 350 Vehicles were used to deliver the cargo to job site.
Their scope of work included –
- Vessel declaration (Inward + Outward Formalities) as shipping line
- Port Clearance
- Obtaining necessary permissions, clearances and tax exemptions for transit from customs and Bangladesh Atomic Energy Commission
- Transportation and warehousing
- Unloading at job site
To read more about the exact contents about the cargo please click here!
Many congratulations team Shodesh Shipping for yet another successful project in the region.
04 Nov 2022
Altius S.A., representing Argentina, Bolivia and Spain in the project Logistics Alliance, is delighted to share with us a project they completed for their client, Técnicas Reunidas. 4 LNG tanks manufactured by Ingeniería y Diseño Europeo S.A. (IDESA) were moved from the Port of Aviles in the North of Spain to the Port of Algeciras in South of Spain.
Each of these tanks weighed 280 tons and measured 56 meters in length. The experienced team at Altius ensured an incident-free delivery despite the persistent swell at the destination. Many congratulations, team Altius!
27 Oct 2022
A new era begins: German shipping and logistics expert Harren Group extends its presence in Africa by opening its first office on the continent. Harren Nigeria in Lagos is led by Managing Director Paul Okpurughre.
“The new office represents the entire Harren Group and serves as a basis for further business development in West Africa,” explains Paul Okpurughre, former Director Business Development and Operations (MEA) at SAL Heavy Lift. “We want to intensify the proximity to our customers and our business activities in the region.”
West Africa represents about 30 percent of Africa’s total population. Nigeria has the largest economy in Africa, even ahead of South Africa. “Lagos is the perfect location for us – it’s a vibrant city and one of the main project and logistics capitals on the continent,” explains Dr. Martin Harren, CEO of the Harren Group. “The opening of the new office reflects our remarkably successful development in West Africa. We want to further expand our local position based on the existing, trustful relationships with our customers and partners.”
Jürgen Kuntz, Senior Manager Chartering & Projects and Head of Africa Chartering Desk at SAL Heavy Lift, emphasises: “Having our own office in Africa means a lot to our organisation. Currently, around three of our Group’s ships sail to this region on a monthly basis. So it’s the next logical step to open an office there to be able to further develop our position. We see lots of opportunities for example in the energy and infrastructure segments.”
Nils Aden, Managing Director of the Harren Group, underlines the potential for the entire Group: “There are also new opportunities for business beyond our existing heavy lift activities – for example in the tanker, bulker and renewable energy sectors. The new office will represent our Group’s affiliated companies Jumbo-SAL-Alliance, Intermarine, Harren Bulkers, Harren Tankers, Atheleon and Combi Lift as their commercial agent. Opening the Lagos office makes our dedicated and personal services available to our customers locally. This is another important milestone for our Group.”
On behalf of the PLA community, we congratulate the Harren & Partner Group and wish them success! Read the full press release here.
21 Oct 2022
Aprojects Austria has done it again. Not that this is anything unusual for their experienced projects team. They completed another charter ship from Europe to the Far East.
Entrusted by one of their regular clients, the cargo equalling 1700 FRT consisted of wooden cases measuring 18 m long. The scope of work undertaken from collection to loading, also included Lashing and securing and dunnage
With no errors during the operation and another happy client, the cargo is on its way to the Far East. Congratulations, team Aprojects Austria!
18 Oct 2022
Blue Bell Shipping LLC, representing Iraq in Project Logistics Alliance, contributed to the Khor Mor Expansion Project with the oilfield operator, but also numerous EPCs, suppliers, and vendors to streamline deliveries from many origins across the globe. Since the project is still ongoing, total volumes are not known however 100s of containers and out-of-gauge flat racks were moved as well as numerous multi-purpose vessel charters.
Some of the photos and videos provided throughout this article make specific reference to the most recent breakbulk vessel charter delivered on behalf of this project.
For this particular shipment, over 5500 cubic metres and 800 metric tons of skids and pressure vessels were delivered from Hamriyah, UAE, and Mumbai, India to Khor Mor Site in Northern Iraq. The cargo was moved on a geared multi-purpose vessel which consolidated the cargo by calling at two origin ports (Mumbai and Hamriyah) before heading to the destination port in Turkey where the BBS team discharged the cargo and arranged trucking and escorts to the site in Northern Iraq.
The Khor Mor Expansion Project was developed to expand the existing gas facility at Khor Mor in the governorate of Sulaymaniyah within the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. The Project will increase the production of gas and liquid products to contribute further to the region’s energy supply and will be completed within the existing site boundaries without any expected impact on local communities.
10 Oct 2022
Alexander Global Logistics (AGL), Project Logistics Alliance’s member from Germany, has been nominated to provide logistical support to the new bioproduct mill plant in Kemi, Finland. The mill will begin operation in the third quarter of 2023. This mill is a result of the largest investment ever made by the Finnish forest industry in Finland and is valued at EUR 1.85 billion.
The AGL project team was responsible for the transportation, heavy lifting, and positioning of the electric power plant's heavy parts, including the generator set, turbine set, conder set, and IOS.
For this multi-transport project, the AGL team applied for special and heavy transport permits and surveyed the bridges on the route, which took about six to eight weeks.
The biggest challenge of the project was obtaining road permits in Finland. There was a lot of speculation about the solution suggested by the AGL team. The route suggested was preloading the cargo on trucks and shipping them to Finland, where they would be reloaded on local trucks for further delivery. This proposed solution was not only cost-efficient but also reduced time.
07 Oct 2022
The Golden Week in China has always been a tough time to work through for the logistics industry; with tight capacity and high prices completing a project before is undoubtedly a commendable feat. Our Finnish member, NTG Air & Ocean Oy, and our member from China, Qingdao Ocean Spon International Logistics, completed a project just before the Golden Week holidays. The cargo consisted of 2 oil-fired boilers measuring about 7.1 x 3 x 3.1 meters, weighing 15,500 kgs and smaller crates.
The cargo was loaded in Qingdao, China and is headed for Genova in Italy. While the efficient team at ocean Spon ensured no operational delays, there was a slight delay in departure due to a Typhoon.
Many congratulations to both parties for ensuring an incident-free delivery!