First Global Logistics & CH Robinson Team Up For Mega Collaboration02. October 2019
First Global Logistics, member of the Project Logistics Alliance for Egypt, and CH Robinson, member for Canada, Luxembourg, Paraguay, Singapore & USA, recently joined forces in an excellent Air & Sea OOG movement for the Oil & Gas sector. The cargo was moved from the USA to Egypt, which was the perfect collaboration project for our two members.
First Global Logistics & CH Robinson both proved their understanding to the Oil&Gas field, in terms of site urgent demands, rescuing its shut-down by transporting a transformer urgently by air, from door of supplier in Los Angeles to Cairo airport. This was yet another successful movement, both in terms of time and money saving for the client.
In addition, when they submitted their proposal for shipping 2 urgent OOG compressors by 2*40'Flat rack instead of using Bahri's regular break bulk service ex Houston port to Alexandria, with its long sailing schedule that the client was using directly in their previous shipments, their proposal included 30 days sailing time with Maersk line classy service and with an excellent cost of shipping and port charges.
Details of the first job: Air Mode
• Commodity : 2 transformers
• Weight & Dimensions: Unit 1: 244 x 168 x 277 cm.
• Total G.W : 5900 kgs
• Collecting the Transformers from Door supplier in LA
• Repacking in Los Angeles Airport
• Export clearance and documentation
• Booking on 1st Freighter flight for Cargo Lux to arrive Cairo airport the same week saving the client's Oil site from shut down
Details for the second job: Sea Mode
• Commodity : 2 Compressors.
• Weight and dimensions: 2 (500*240*305 cm-13000 kgs).
• Collecting 2 Big compressors and Panels from Door supplier in Houston up to
• Utilization of CH Robinsons warehouse in Houston
• Lashing and stuffing compressors onto 2*40'FR containers
• Trucking Full Flat racks to Houston port to sail on 1st vessel to Alexandria port
It is our absolute delight to see our members joining forces to make such projects happen! Congrats!
Share this article:Tweet
See all news