The Seasoned Logisticians At First Global Logistics Ensure A Safe And Timely Delivery Through The Sinai Peninsula08. April 2022
Bidding for a logistics contract is a long and tedious process. First Global Logistics, our Egyptian member, are happy to report that after six months of bidding for the transport of Taba Substation Power. The executing agency and borrower for this project was the Egyptian Electricity Authority (EEA), a corporation under the Ministry of Electricity and Energy.
The First Global Logistics has moved the first lot, which consisted of the MVAR -400 K.V. Shunt Reactor and its accessories. The shunt measured 5 x 3 x 3.5 meters and weighed 40 tons, while the accessories were both out of gauge and in gauge, which occupied a space of 350 CBM and weighed 80 tons.
The scope of work undertaken by the First Global Operations team included:
- Discharging cargo from the vessel at the Said East Port
- Customs clearance for the cargo
- Cargo survey
- Arranging for the necessary road permits and escort permissions
- Reloading and lashing on trucks for inland delivery
- Route survey and removing/deconstructing obstacles
- Delivery of cargo 550 km away from Suez Canal Container Company (SCCT) Port to Taba Substation via Sinai
This move via Sinai was one of the most critical aspect of this delivery. The ongoing insurgency in the region was a challenge that the experienced and seasoned team at First Global Logistics successfully overcame.
Share this article:Tweet
See all news